Take the WSER Flyover Tour:
A vivid, animated 3-D overview of the terrain covered by the annual Run.
If you don’t already have Google Earth loaded, download a copy here (It’s free.)
You need to have a broadband internet connection and a relatively up-to-date system to run Google Earth. Details on the Google download page. If you have Google Earth loaded on your computer…
- Download and launch the WS Flyover File. (671Kb)
- A tour file called WSERcourse2010.kmz will be
added to your “Temporary Places” list.
- Select the tour and click the Play Tour icon at the
foot of the Places list. (See sample above.)
- The display will zoom in on the 100-mile WS100 Race
course, and then “fly” to each of the main Aid Stations in turn, starting
at Squaw Valley.
- Sit back and enjoy the ride! Or, you can pause the
tour and use the on-screen controls to explore the terrain on your own.
Special Thanks to Western States finisher Nick Ham of the UK for
contributing this tour.