The 2024 WSER will be held Saturday, June 29, to Sunday, June 30, 2024.
Entry procedure for the 2024 event is as follows.
- Each lottery applicant must be at least 18 years old on race day and complete a qualifying race in the allotted time during the one-year qualifying period (Monday November 7, 2022 through Sunday November 5, 2023).
- Lottery registration will be open from November 1 to November 21, 2023. All lottery applications must be submitted online at portal.wser.org. The result of your qualifying run must be available online and selection of a valid qualifier will be part of the registration process. Your application will be rejected if you didn’t run a valid qualifier.
- Entrants for the 2024 Western States Endurance Run will be selected via lottery on Saturday, December 2, 2023.
- The Lottery results will be posted to lottery.wser.org website in real-time.
- If you are selected via the Lottery, you will be sent an invitation to complete your registration at ultrasignup.com. The entry fee is $450 + the online fee and you will have ten days to complete registration or forfeit your entry and any accrued lottery tickets.
- Automatic entrants will be sent an invitation to register at ultrasignup.com before the lottery and must complete their application by December 1, 2023.
- We will also select 50-75 applicants in the lottery for an ordered general wait list.
- If any entrant withdraws from the race for any reason, the spot will be given to the next runner on the general wait list.
Exception: if a sponsor or aid station designated runner withdraws from the race, that sponsor or aid station will be allowed to designate another qualified runner (must have qualified and applied for the lottery). If no replacement is designated then the spot will be given to the next runner on the general wait list.
- Entrants who withdraw from the race by May 1 will receive a 75% refund of their entry fee (not including the on-line fee). Entrants who withdraw from the race from May 2 through June 9 will receive a 50% refund of their entry fee. Entrants who withdraw from June 10 through June 20 will receive a 25% refund. Entrants withdrawing after June 20 will not receive a refund.
- Runners who are not accepted in the Lottery (and otherwise not admitted as an entrant) will remain in the “hat” for the next lottery they qualify and apply for. Unaccepted lottery applicants must re-qualify and re-register for each lottery. If you are selected for the waitlist but decline the opportunity to register you will maintain your ticket counts in the next lottery. If you are entered in the race but withdraw before 1 pm on Friday before the race, you will retain your ticket counts for next lottery you qualify and apply for. Beginning with the 2020 lottery, lotteries do not need to be consecutive to maintain your tickets.