Administrative Assistant Position (Part-Time)
Western States Endurance Run is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in Auburn, California. We are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to support the Race Director in daily operations and longer-term projects as needed. Main duties include organizing and maintaining records and files, responding to emails and inquiries from the public, and assisting the Race Director on an as-needed basis with ongoing work and projects. Our ideal candidate has strong computer skills, is competent in assuming delegated duties, can work independently, and is a critical thinker ready to solve problems before they become obstacles. If you have previous experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a similar role and think you’re a good fit, we’d like to hear from you.
- Assist the Race Director with ongoing daily operational and project needs, as assigned
- Organize and maintain a filing system for documents and records, including government correspondence and filings
- Answer emails and queries from the public
- Maintain and update company databases
- Maintain a calendar and schedule meetings
- Distribute, organize, and store correspondence, including emails, letters, and packages
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Experience with MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word) (required)
- Experience with WordPress, Dropbox, Calendars, Googledocs, Asana, Quickbooks, Ultrasignup backend tools, Additional Insured Certificates (through RRCA) (preferred)
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail
This is a work from home position with occasional in person meetings and training at our office in Auburn, California.
Salary & Schedule
Up to $25,000/year. $25 – $30/hour depending on experience.
Flexible hours and schedule, with busier times:
- October to early-December (before and after Lottery)
- February to early-July (before and after Memorial Day Training Runs and Western States 100-Mile Run)
We are no longer accepting applications.