The 2016 WS Run will be held Saturday, June 25, to Sunday, June 26, 2016.
Entry procedure for the 2016 event is as follows:
- Each lottery applicant must complete a qualifying race in the allotted time during the qualifying period.
- Lottery applications will open online on Saturday, November 7, 2015, at 12:01 AM and will close on Saturday, November 14, 2015, at 11:59 PM (Pacific time.) All lottery applications must be submitted online. The result of your qualifying run must be available online and selection of a valid qualifier will be part of the registration process. Your application will be rejected if you didn’t run a valid qualifier.
- Entrants for the 2016 Western States Endurance Run will be selected via lottery on Saturday, December 5, 2015. For details, see the Lottery page.
- The Lottery results will be posted to the WS website in real-time.
- If you are selected via the Lottery, the entry fee of $410 + the online fee will immediately be charged to your credit card.
- Runners who are not accepted in the Lottery (and otherwise not admitted as an entrant) will remain in the “hat” for the next year’s Lottery and for each consecutive year that they apply but fail to be selected. Unaccepted lottery applicants must re-qualify and re-register for the lottery each year.
- Automatic entrants will be sent an invite to register before the lottery and must complete their application by December 1, 2015.
- All selected runners must also complete their service requirement and fill in their general information form by June 1, 2016.
- There will be no refund, transfer, or roll-over of your entry. Please do not ask.