The 2017 WS Run will be held Saturday, June 24, to Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Entry procedure for the 2017 event is as follows.
- Each lottery applicant must complete a qualifying race in the allotted time during the qualifying period (November 9, 2015 through November 6, 2016).
- Lottery applications will open online on Saturday, November 5, 2016, at 12:01 AM and will close on Saturday, November 12, 2016, at 11:59 PM (Pacific time.) All lottery applications must be submitted online. The result of your qualifying run must be available online and selection of a valid qualifier will be part of the registration process. Your application will be rejected if you didn’t run a valid qualifier.
- Entrants for the 2017 Western States Endurance Run will be selected via lottery on Saturday, December 3, 2016.
- The Lottery results will be posted to the WS website in real-time.
- If you are selected via the Lottery, the entry fee of (TBD) + the online fee will immediately be charged to your credit card.
- Automatic entrants will be sent an invite to register before the lottery and must complete their application by December 1, 2016.
- We will also select 50 applicants in the lottery for an ordered general wait list.
- If any entrant withdaws from the race for any reason, the spot will be given to the next runner on the general wait list.
Exception: if a sponsor or aid station designated runner withdraws from the race, that sponsor or aid station will be allowed to designate another qualified runner (must have qualified and applied for the lottery). If no replacement is designated then the spot will be given to the next runner on the general wait list.
- Entrants who withdraw from the race by May 1 will receive a 75% refund of their entry fee (not including the on-line fee). Entrants who withdraw from the race from May 2 through June 9 will receive a 50% refund of their entry fee. Entrants who withdraw from June 10 through June 20 will receive a 25% refund. Entrants withdrawing after June 20 will not receive a refund.
- Runners who are not accepted in the Lottery (and otherwise not admitted as an entrant) will remain in the “hat” for the next year’s Lottery and for each consecutive year that they apply but fail to be selected. Unaccepted lottery applicants must re-qualify and re-register for the lottery each year. If you are selected for the waitlist but decline the opportunity to register you will maintain your ticket counts in the next lottery. If you are entered in the race at any point your ticket counts will start over at the next lottery.