The 2014 WS Run will be held Saturday, June 28, to Sunday, June 29, 2014.
Entry procedure for the 2014 event is as follows:
- Each lottery applicant must meet the qualifying standard in a qualifying run during the qualifying period.
- Lottery applications will open online at ultrasignup on Saturday, November 9, 2013, at 12:01 AM and will close on Saturday, November 16, 2013, at 11:59 PM (Pacific time.) All lottery applications must be submitted online. The results of all qualifying runs must be available online and selection of a valid qualifier will be part of the registration process.
- Entrants for the 2014 Western States Endurance Run will be selected via lottery on Saturday, December 7, 2013. For details, see the Lottery page.
- You will receive an acceptance or denial e-mail immediately following the lottery. The Lottery results will be posted to the WS website in real-time.
- If you are selected via the Lottery, the entry fee ($370 + online fee) will immediately be charged to your credit card.
- Runners who are not accepted in the Lottery (and otherwise not admitted as an entrant) will remain in the “hat” for the next year’s Lottery and for each consecutive year that they apply but fail to be selected. Unaccepted lottery applicants must re-qualify and re-register for the lottery each year.
- Automatic entrants will be sent an invite to register before the lottery and must complete their application by December 1, 2013.
- All selected runners must also complete their service requirement and fill in their general information form by May 15, 2014.
- There will be no refund, transfer, or roll-over of your entry.